On this page we've got emoticons for just about every major holiday, from Easter to Christmas, we've got all the smileys you need to celebrate.
The principal holidays that are observed across much of the world annually include Valentine's day, Easter, St. Patrick's day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's day. While the word
holiday generally refers to a special day of rest, not all holidays are accompanied by a break or day off. They are typically reserved for observance, remembrance, celebration or special activities.
Here is a quick summary of all the important holidays and special days:
- Valentine's Day
- February 14 - celebrating love and romance
- Two days after Good Friday - marks the resurrection of Jesus
- St. Patrick's Day
- March 17 - celebration of Saint Patrick and Irish culture
- October 31 - when the spirit and normal world allegedly become one
- 2nd Monday of October (Canada), 4th Thursday of November (USA) - time for giving thanks and expressing gratitude
- December 25 - marks the birth of Jesus
Celebrate with emoticons
Many of these special holidays are traditionally marked by the exchange of greetings and messages. This can be done using cards and letters, and more recently through emails, IM, e-Cards and other online communication methods. Now you can use our selection of colorful and animated emoticons to bring your holiday messages to life. We've got a smiley for just about every holiday there is, and you can add them to your messages for free.
Our free smileys work with MSN and Live Messenger, so you can add and use them there. We also provide you with codes to paste them in emails, forums or social networks such as MySpace and Bebo. Finally, you can also use our online emoticon maker to create your own custom emoticons from any picture.
We hope you enjoy your holidays, regardless of what you're celebrating.